How To Buy Cryptocurrency Not On Coinbase
If you’re a US resident, there’s no direct way to buy cryptocurrency that’s not on Coinbase. It will take some time and a few steps, but this guide will show you how to buy Ripple, Dash, Monero, Zcash and more.
Please read this post first: How To Buy Bitcoin With A Credit Card And Other Cryptocurrencies
How To Buy Ripple, Dash, Monero, IOTA, etc (Other Cryptocurrencies)
Coinbase is limited to only 3 cryptocurrencies and you’re probably wondering how you would buy Ripple, IOTA, DASH, etc. The answer is other exchanges. I consider Coinbase the gate into the world of cryptocurrency. It helps you get your USD through the door and into a world of possibilities. Each exchange can vary in the types of cryptocurrency they support. You can have an account with each exchange if you want. Just remember to set up your security settings before adding any money.
For this example, let’s say you have a Bitfinex account you want to fund:
- Log into Bitfinex
- You go to Deposit at the top right
- Select your deposit type (we’ll use Bitcoin as an example)
- Create an Exchange Wallet address
- Copy the wallet address
- Go back to GDAX.com
- Select “Withdraw”
- Select BTC Account
- Paste the Bitcoin Address that was generated from Bitfinex
- Input your two-factor code (yay safety!)
- Select Withdraw Funds and wait 30 minutes
- Once your BTC is available in your Bitfinex account, you start trading BTC for other cryptocurrencies. Personally, I sell the BTC for USD since it’s easier for me to understand how much I’m buying when using USD.